10 October 2010

Worst Weekend Ever

So, it has been seriously the worst weekend ever, at least work wise. Want to know why? Here goes...

This weekend one of my coworkers was on call to work my afternoon shift in case I needed to work the audit for Dave (my brother-in-law) in the case that his wife had the baby. Well, when little Leila Elizabeth Martin was born Friday afternoon, I went to work at 1pm and continually tried to call that coworker for her to come in. She kept not answering and then turned her phone off. I called until about 8 pm and just gave up. To top off my shift, the cashier before me had given a $20 refund...without bringing any other cash in...putting my drawer short...and she CLOSED HER SHIFT! That made my afternoon somewhat crazy, but my audit worse. I don't want to get into the logistics because few would understand, but let me tell you...it was the worst audit I had to deal with to date!

Anyway, I worked for 18 hours straight, and was up for about 29 hours straight from Friday to Saturday, and the only good thing was that I now have a niece! She is cute, but it's still weird to realize that it is my sister's baby...it's crazy. The funniest part of her being born was that, as soon as I heard I wanted to pick up the phone and call Macaulay, but, of course, I couldn't...so I just wrote him about it (not nearly as great, but necessary). Also, Jeni and I found a house, that's a good thing...we move in on Friday! :)

Anyway, so back to why it was a terrible weekend?...well...the whole Friday afternoon shift and audit were insane. We booked almost every room in the hotel! Let me just say, I was completely exhausted after I got off, but wanted to meet Leila, so I found the teenie, tiny bit of energy I had left to go to the hospital and see her and my sister for a few minutes. Afterwards I went home and got about 7-7.5 hours of sleep...and well, now I'm at work again. My other coworker (not the one that ditched yesterday) decided to try to make up for that same $20 refund in the money from today...totally not cool. She screwed up my numbers AGAIN!!! Seriously, the people I've worked with this weekend have been ticking me off this weekend (if you are one of my coworkers, sorry, but it's true). Another thing, we were completely booked tonight, and they had cancelled 2 'late arrival' check-ins...thus stranding the people here, and forcing me to bear the bad news. Gosh, if only I could teach everyone how to do everything the way it's suppose to be done! Ugh. Seriously. I've only been here a little over a month and I seem to know more than those who've worked here for forever! Seriously. I just want to smack 'em! Tonight's audit was the worst audit ever!

Basically, I want a day off...a day of massages and bubble baths; singing and dancing; and naps. I could really use any of the above...but alas I work audit again tomorrow night. Hopefully it goes better than tonight! (cross your fingers for me).

Thanks for listening to me whine.

No comments:

Post a Comment