20 August 2010

Post One: The Change


I once heard that life takes you where you’re supposed to go, but that doesn’t mean that it’s not a scary ride. Pope John Paul II said “Have no fear of moving into the unknown. Simply step out fearlessly, knowing that I am with you, therefore no harm can befall you; all is very, very well. Do this in complete faith and confidence.”

What am I talking about? Well, the next stage of my life.

About a month ago my dad recommended that I look into a different degree, something that would suit me just as well, but would be a better career choice. I thought that he was crazy, but after contemplating it for a very long time, I decided to look into schools Court Reporting. I decided that it would be a good thing for me to get a degree in, seeing as it has treated my mom very well over the years (as well as my family), and I could work in any state (other than Utah). I hated the thought of leaving BYU, and still do, but I feel that it is the right place for me to be right now. I could stay here if I wanted to, I didn’t get kicked out or anything, but I feel this is what I am supposed to do.

I leave tomorrow (Saturday the 21st) to drive down to Phoenix, Arizona. I am moving there to live with my sister. I am living with my sister Rachel and her husband for about a month, and then my oldest sister, Jeni, and I are going to get a house with a few of her friends. I always swore I would not move back to Arizona, but now Phoenix will be my home for at least the next two years.

As for my plans there? Well, I am going to get a degree in Court Reporting at Gateway, as well as get a degree in Criminology/Criminal Justice from ASU. This should take me about 2 years, and then I plan on going to law school, possibly in California, but that’s a ways away so I’ll figure that out later.

It is a new adventure for me, and scary at that. I am nervous about moving, because all of my friends are here and I will miss you all terribly! It will be interesting to see how it goes, but I’ll try to keep this blog updated so everyone can see how Arizona is. I love you all, and I will miss all of you from Utah terribly.

No comments:

Post a Comment